Monday, January 12, 2009

Two in one day!

Yesterday, I was tagged by my daughter to write 25 random things on my Facebook page (I'd share the URL, but I don't know what it is. Guess you can search for me if you're a member.) So, in case you aren't a Facebook friend, here's my list of 25 random things:
  1. My first real job was typing deeds for the plots of land that folks were buried in!
  2. I lived in Morocco for 2.5 years when I was a kid.
  3. I was born in Brooklyn, NY.
  4. I was married for 9 years, but together with him for less than 3.
  5. Everyone thinks I'm German because of my last name; I'm Scottish.
  6. I once was part of a 2-person pit crew for a friend who was driving in the Baja 250.
  7. I bar-maided at "That Place Across the Street from the Sports Arena"; I even danced on the bar in those days. (a much skinnier me!)
  8. I graduated college when I was 31.
  9. I once thought I wanted to be a Unity minister.
  10. I was a docent at the Houston zoo.
  11. I was a ticket-seller and prop-master for the Old Town Theater.
  12. I used to hate my middle name, but now I like it:
  13. My middle name is Louise.
  14. I used to play the accordion--I still own two of them! (guess I haven't given up)
  15. I can speak French well enough to get by in France.
  16. I was president of a nonprofit international professional organization of 14,000 members.
  17. I was a Federal civil servant for 23 years.
  18. I was vice-president of a small consulting company for 3 years.
  19. I love critters and since I've been an adult, have always had a cat or dog or both.
  20. I got my first and only gun when I was 8: a 22 Winchester rifle.
  21. I was a pretty good shot.
  22. I can't swim.
  23. I hate olives.
  24. I lived in Houston for 14 years.
  25. Living in San Diego makes my heart sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linda O

Linda O
Glamorous Me