- My first real job was typing deeds for the plots of land that folks were buried in!
- I lived in Morocco for 2.5 years when I was a kid.
- I was born in Brooklyn, NY.
- I was married for 9 years, but together with him for less than 3.
- Everyone thinks I'm German because of my last name; I'm Scottish.
- I once was part of a 2-person pit crew for a friend who was driving in the Baja 250.
- I bar-maided at "That Place Across the Street from the Sports Arena"; I even danced on the bar in those days. (a much skinnier me!)
- I graduated college when I was 31.
- I once thought I wanted to be a Unity minister.
- I was a docent at the Houston zoo.
- I was a ticket-seller and prop-master for the Old Town Theater.
- I used to hate my middle name, but now I like it:
- My middle name is Louise.
- I used to play the accordion--I still own two of them! (guess I haven't given up)
- I can speak French well enough to get by in France.
- I was president of a nonprofit international professional organization of 14,000 members.
- I was a Federal civil servant for 23 years.
- I was vice-president of a small consulting company for 3 years.
- I love critters and since I've been an adult, have always had a cat or dog or both.
- I got my first and only gun when I was 8: a 22 Winchester rifle.
- I was a pretty good shot.
- I can't swim.
- I hate olives.
- I lived in Houston for 14 years.
- Living in San Diego makes my heart sing.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Two in one day!
Yesterday, I was tagged by my daughter to write 25 random things on my Facebook page (I'd share the URL, but I don't know what it is. Guess you can search for me if you're a member.) So, in case you aren't a Facebook friend, here's my list of 25 random things: