Tuesday, August 28, 2018

My Paris Pilgrimage--#3

Day 4 in Paris (27 August--with recap of first days)

Every day is wonderful...even when they aren't.  I'm hopeful that I can catch all of you up a bit.  First things first: I have pictures to share! Just transferred from phone to PC by cord...to hell with trying to figure out why the Cloud isn't doing it.  Glad Cloud works between iPhone and iPad.

Well, it seems that I'm a definite wimp.  After traveling around with Sheila and Barbara to see the sights on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday...I crapped out on Monday and left them alone.  Then, today (Tuesday), I didn't even leave with them!  I just had my own solo adventure, and it was perfect.

Quick recap of arrival through Monday: Thursday, arrived, unpacked, Metro to Seine for river cruise and dinner out (day of my stupid fall through the Metro door onto the platform). Friday, we did the Louvre, walked from there, through Tuileries to Arc de Triomphe, then taxied home--I was a wreck & extremely sore from the fall, I think. (Long day: more than 15K steps and 14 floors of stairs, according to my Health app!) Saturday, we did Versailles. Sunday we did Musee d'Orsay, Sainte Chappelle, and Notre Dame amongst getting lost, having museums close before we realized, etc., but ended with delightful dinner & wine.

Monday, we began even slower and threw out our plans to do Montmartre and went to Galleries Lafayette (huge, beautiful department store--see pix online if you're interested) instead.  Here's pic of rooftops of Paris with Eiffel Tower in distance from top of department store!

Again, I was a party pooper and decided to leave Barb and Sheila to their own adventures.  Glad I did!  I enjoyed my quiet afternoon alone and they did marvelous things on their own! They went to the Orangerie Museum and did the Eiffel Tower tour all the way to the top at sunset!  They were ecstatic and I was a much nicer person after enjoying a few hours alone.

While they were enjoying more touristy things, I leisurely took Metro home; went to a boulangerie for croissants, a baguette, and eclairs; and then stopped at a grocery store to get a few staples for the apartment. (See my crazy video on FB, if you can of my walk down the block to my door.) After arriving here, I rested for a little while then decided that I actually could do the stairs another time, so I took myself down the block to a small creperie (don't know the name yet), where I had a glass of cider, a mushroom & cheese crepe, and a simple sugary dessert crepe for dinner. I returned home and called it a night.  They returned around 11 pm and were happily exhausted. We were all pleased at how the day had gone.  #LLOParisPilgrimage




1 comment:

  1. Enjoy ..but ... try not to over-do things. Still jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Linda O

Linda O
Glamorous Me