Sunday, August 19, 2018

LLO's Paris Pilgrimage #1

Three Days 'til Liftoff...

Three days from now, I'll be in the air, headed to New York, where I will change planes and then fly to ORLY! How can it all be happening? Sometimes, the days leading up to a dream-come-true are hard to believe...can this adventure actually happen? Is my dream coming true and how will it work out?  

And then, I think: YEP.  Just let it happen. Don't overthink it. Don't worry about forgetting something...don't stress on what you forgot to do or pack or notify or pay. Paris is a world away, but it's not out of this world! I will still have internet connections and can connect with all of you through the wonder of electronics; I can still go to a store to buy a pair of shoes if the ones I think will work for walking really don't; I can pay a bill from my computer in Paris just as though I were in La Mesa...but I WILL BE IN PARIS!

Here's a picture of the bedroom in the apartment where I'll be staying:

Bedroom. Windows are on courtyard.

Look at those floors, the lovely blue walls (did you know my home bedroom has blue walls?), and the incredible casement windows!

Now, look at this petite galley kitchen!  I bet it's smaller than in most boat galleys!

Full kitchen.

I laugh when I think of prepping any meals there when more than one person tries to fit into the room! Luckily, I don't think I'll be doing any major gastronomic feats--I'll prefer to walk outside and down the block to a local eatery.  Can you call a restaurant in Paris an eatery?  Seems a bit sacrilegious to me! (SIDENOTE:  I can't believe I spelled that word right!  I had to look it up because it didn't have the red underline and I didn't believe the system--and I had spelled it correctly!)

So, despite making you read through a stream of consciousness today, I do have a reason for blogging this morning!  To post the URL on FaceBook and Instagram, and send to various people who might not be on either.  That way, you can all follow me as I move through the next 6 weeks, as I walk the streets of Paris, as I soak in the wonder and beauty of this City of Light...as I live the dream.  I don't know what might come of it or how it will change me, but I know that it will.  I'm ready for whatever God and the Universe have in store.  And I know it will be phenomenal.

I think I'll even try a hashtag: #LLOParisPilgrimage  Now, you can all search for it, and as long as I remember to tag it, we'll have a system!  (I might double-check with my kid to be sure I'm doing it right sometime before I go. LOL!)   

Come along with me.  You're all invited.

7 comments:

  1. I look forward to following along! During my time at IBM, I had a 6-week business trip to France (my hotel faced the riviera in Nice!), and I absolutely loved it. I made small talk with my (very limited) conversational French, which was a blast. I actually said this, mostly because I was able to string together 8 words that I knew to form the sentence: "Les femmes qui vendent fromage sont tres jolie," which I said to the women selling cheese in the deli in a local market. I'm sure they thought I was a dork, but I'm also sure that I always got a least one extra slice of cheese at no cost. :-) ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Six WEEKS? Lucky you. I love that apartment! I'm not sure I'd fit in the kitchen, let alone cook WITH someone in there, but it's cute and looks well appointed. Do explore the local markets and find out how the locals eat and live - otherwise, you'll blow your budget in a heartbeat.

    John's comment reminds me of one of my favorite scenes from the 80s movie, "Gotcha!" "Mon crayon est jaune." (And the rest - the whole bit about Pernod, water, and weergins. Here's part of it: https://youtu.be/TZBQHlqKql4 )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so excited for you! Can’t wait to read (and hear) about your adventures. I’m packed and ready to go! Thanks for taking me on the journey with you. ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love the apartment, especially the windows in the bedroom! I am jealous but not, because I am just feeling your joy. Trips to places you love are so essential to life! Can't wait to read your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was completely inspired by the efficiency and completeness of every French kitchen I was in (Paris, Aix-en-Provence, Saint-Maxime). Being a few blocks from the beautiful daily markets ensures a healthy, delicious experience. Bon appetit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to all who shared comments. I’ve been here almost a week and haven’t cooked in kitchen, yet. But i will! Ive fountain the markets and am making plans for when my guests all go home and i can begin a more cost-effective way of living.

    ReplyDelete

Linda O

Linda O
Glamorous Me