Thursday, December 28, 2017

A few thoughts for New Year

It's a quiet day in my life today...lots of thinking going on.  Here are a few of the topics:

1.  In two days, it will only be 6 months until my retirement date!

2.  Jeanne is arriving in a week--I still have a few things to do to prepare--but not too worried.  She takes me as she finds me.

3.  Taking Marge Moss out to lunch on Saturday for an early New Year's celebratory meal with Cheryl.  Marge is my surrogate mom.  Would that my own mom had lived to be 95! But glad that Marge is here and hale and hearty and pretty darned healthy.  Blessings abound.

4.  Worried about Charley.  Her cancerous nose is getting worse.  Giving her CBD in her food.  Hoping it will help a little.  Need to get official biopsy done to be sure that's the problem, despite vet being almost certain it is. She's been extremely cautious and difficult to pet these last few days.  She seems to know something is up.  Not sure I can even catch her to get her back to the vet for the test. Not sure how it will all turn out, but I'm afraid my little girl's days are numbered.  I'm upset, but resigned.



The little pink nose in the pic isn't little or pink these days...it's swollen and red and extremely nasty looking...makes me sad.

5.  Nothing to worry about re: Blaze.  He's delightful. He is smelling Charley more often than usual...smells the spots she lies in when she leaves. Not usual behavior.  I think he knows she's sick. He is perfect.  Still my Zen Boy. Happy, healthy, passive, and loving.  What more could I ask?



6. My 2-legged kid, Connie, is thriving. She's happy in her loft in Kensington, happy with her coaching, and successful at work. She has a plan for her life and that's always good. I'm delighted we have such a loving relationship. So many moms & daughters do not. My pride and love have no bounds. She did so darned well considering all that happened in her youth. Life is good.




7.  I am still and always surrounded by loving friends--near and far.  I'm blessed beyond measure with the people who support me, love me, and keep me sane. No challenge or hiccup in this life can ever replace all the prosperity and good I've experienced from friends.  It's something I'm always grateful for and will always treasure.

OK.  that's all for now.  I'm getting sappy.  I'll blog about something a little more entertaining sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linda O

Linda O
Glamorous Me