Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tomorrow--home!



Well, it's not REALLY tomorrow...although it will be tomorrow here. then, somehow, through the magic of man's concept of time, I fly for more than a day and arrive home on the same day I leave. How quickly 11 days goes by when you are so busy you can hardly think! The days have flown by. Today, we have our remaining two professional meetings and a farewell banquet. I hope the banquet is over early...we have to leave for the airport tomorrow at 5:15 am!!! YIKES. I just looked at my schedule, and realize that we have to have our check-in luggage out at 11 pm tonite. Guess I'll have to restrict what I use for my morning routine--I usually put most of my makeup, etc., in my checked luggage! Oh well...I'll worry about that later.


This morning, we visit Accenture--the new name of what was once Arthur Andersen--I think. Then, we have the visit to HP, where I'll finally meet the team of writers that loosely report to me. I'm really looking forward to that.


Last night, seven of us on the delegation met with 9 folks working in techcomm who live and work here in Shanghai. Susan Wu, who has a blog at shanghaitechwriter.com (if that doesn't work, just google her!), brought some colleagues from National Instruments. One of the writers from HP was here, and an STC retiree who lives in Shanghai, Jim Edgcomb, came along with one of the native Chinese who sometimes works with him. My good friend, Melanie Flanders, joined us with her friend Sammy Huang who owns a translation company. The weather was rainy and all of us on the delegation were exhausted, so we stayed and ate at the hotel's buffet.


At the beginning of this post you can see a picture of all of us (minus Jim and Charles). It was great to talk to folks who are actually doing our work here in a country that doesn't quite understand what it is we do.
Well, gotta run. So much more to say but not time to do so now...maybe on the plane!
Luv & hugs to everyone,
Linda in Shanghai

1 comment:

  1. Dear Linda, I guess you are still on your way back home right now--it is really a long way!So happy seeing you and the whole delegation here at GDCC.Hope you can come to Shanghai again someday when we can spend more time together talking, laughing and showing you around in the city...

    Also, thank you so much for your beautiful card, the lovely U disc with the "STC" mark, and of course the helpful documents inside it(I have just gone through one of them. Need more time to finish them all...). So many thanks, Linda.

    Well,when you are seeing this you are probablly exhausted after such a long trip. Take a good rest:)

    (BTW, I love your profile picture. So beautiful.)

    Kathy from Shanghai

    ReplyDelete

Linda O

Linda O
Glamorous Me