Monday, April 2, 2018

Linda's Life Changes...

The first couple of months of this year have been pretty good.  I'm moving forward into making the decisions that will bring me into retirement.  I have spoken to my financial consultant, researched reverse mortgages (decided to NOT do one right now), counted how many work days (57) and how many Mondays (11) I have left, and have almost totally lost any real incentive to be here.

In addition, I've been planning my big 6-week vacation to Paris.  I'm headed over at the end of August and returning early in October.  I've begun listening to French CDs and am reading maps, Paris travel books, and memoirs to prepare me.  Two of my good gal pals (Barbara and Sheila) are flying over with me, but only staying first week.  Another couple of friends are planning to join me and go on some adventures during the stay.  My rule is that by the end of week two, I begin my solo adventure.  That will give me LOTS of time to be alone and do my spiritual, life-changing, rite of passage whatevers!

The apartment I found is on the Boulevard Saint-Marcel in the 5th arrondissement.  It's on the 4th floor of a 6-story building with no elevator!  I've begun taking stairs whenever I can. So much to plan and do from now until then.  Getting my butt ready for retirement is just part of the story!

In addition, I'm planning a HUGE retirement party on 7 July.  I've sent out the SAVE THE DATE notices, booked a Taco Caterer who will come and set up and serve during the party.  I need to research how to fit 80 people into my little house and yard!  Let's hope it's a not-too-hot lovely day!

Can't deny it...I'm a little anxious.  Yet, I still know that I will be OK.  Finances will work out -- even though I'm spending about $1000 on the party!  Maybe I'll ask for donations for my birthday -- we can have an Eiffel Tower Cash Tree...  (Hey, that might not be a bad idea...)

Health is good; Blaze is good.  Charley's little ghost is still hanging out in corners of the house and yard, and I do miss her.  Am so tempted to get another kitty...but I need to wait on any new critters until I get back from Paris.  Glynn will be house and Blaze sitting the full 6 weeks...and I'll pay him some that he can give to Cher.  I know that it will all be perfect.  Deb Silvi and Robert Keaton are planning to attend...De even noted a "maybe"!  Who knows who else might show up?  I'm open to all.

OK.  This particular stream of consciousness needs to get posted so I can move on. Here's picture I found that I think is appropriate for the times!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Linda O

Linda O
Glamorous Me