Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Years later...the beat goes on!

After all the talk about me beginning the Word Press blogging site, I never really did get into writing many posts there.  A reminder on Facebook brought me back to my original Blogger site and I spent quite some time reliving the times I shared with all of you there.


Something about that more sophisticated location has never caught my ongoing attention.  It was always a chore to write there--for several reasons.  I had basically forgotten how easy it is to post here.  So, here I am: Wednesday, 6 December 2017.  Several years since my last blog anywhere.


Lots has changed...and not much has changed.  I still work for SPAWAR, but I now work as a Federal employee. I worked for OMNITEC (1 year) and then The Marlin Alliance (4.5 years) on my way back to being a Fed. I'm doing well and plan to retire at the end of June 2018.


I do little in STC these days, although I do keep up my membership and hope that I can continue to do so into my dotage! I taught at UCSD Extension for several years, but gave it up because of challenges from my regular day job.  I just wrote to them telling them I'd be available again after June.  My health is good, although these last few years have seen several challenges--a second knee replacement, a badly broken humeris (upper right arm), and a broke pelvis.  The first two required surgery; the second just a lot of time an physical therapy.  Oh, yes, I had gastric bypass in 2010...so that was a big deal, too!


My sister died in 2012. I often think of the challenges she faced and that she caused for me, and really don't miss her much.  I'm just hopeful that she's found peace in whatever comes next.  My brother is still well and fairly happy living in Indio.  I see him occasionally and love it every time I do. My nephew is in his senior year of college at University of San Diego.  I don't see him much, but am proud of all he's become.






My daughter, Connie, is thriving.  She's coming up on her half century birthday soon...still works for the FBI, but now lives in a lovely loft in San Diego, has recently completed a life coaching certificate program, and is still the light of my life.






I've traveled some--mostly here in the states, but the trip to China in 2008 was a big deal.  Hard to believe that was 9 years ago.


My best buddy, Cheryl, and I do lots of things together--trips, shopping, hanging out, movies, and dining.  It's all good and I'm always grateful that she's in my life.  I also have several other close friends who provide me with love and support. Each is an important part of who I am and I'm blessed to have them in my sphere of existence.




Karma went to the Rainbow Bridge in early 2013. Charley is 12 now, but she's still part of my little family.  I adopted Blaze in June 2013 and have appreciated his big, goofy self every day.  Still miss some of what each previous pup brought to my life, but believe that Blaze might be one of the most incredible dogs who's ever shared my life.


  






So, that's an update on the big stuff.  I wanted to test this site to see if it would still take new blogs, and I have done that...so I'll sign off for now.  Hope this works!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linda O

Linda O
Glamorous Me